Institute Hall and Supper Room Hire
The Institute Hall & Supper Room is a historical building centrally located in the Streaky Bay township. The Institute and Supper Room are available for hire by individuals, businesses, community groups and other government agencies.The facility may be used for the holding of private functions, community-based activities, large functions, special events, meetings and business activities.
The maximum capacity for the Institute is 200 people and the Supper Room is 80 people. Performers are limited to 30 adults or 60 children in the backstage area which includes the downstairs foyer area. In the case of the performers being children, for each adult present backstage the number of children shall be reduced by two (2).
Facilities & Equipment Available
- 200 chairs,
- 8-9 trestles and 2 wooden trestles,
- 12 round tables,
- 4 fake plants
- A limited number of crockery and cutlery are provided as part of the booking fee.
- Any additional tables, chairs, cutlery or crockery required are to be sourced by the hirer at the hirers’ own cost.
All tables, chairs and any other equipment found and stored in the institute are not to be removed from the building and are not for separate hire.
Any electrical equipment bought in by the hirer must be electrical tested and tagged as per AS3760. Failure to comply with this will result in a loss of bond.
No portable cooking equipment is to be used within the institute hall, kitchen or supper room, other than for the purpose of reheating food.
Fees & Charges
|Hall, Supper Room & Kitchen|
|Bond Fee - Applicable to all bookings||$310.00|
|Additional Cleaning Fee (per hour)||$60.00|
|Additional Damage Fee||At Cost plus 10%|
|ALL FACILITIES - General Hire Per Day/ Night||$198.00|
|HALL ONLY - General Hire; Per Day/Night||$106.00|
|HALL ONLY - General Hire; Three hours or less||$50.00|
|SUPPER ROOM & KITCHEN ONLY - General Per Day/ Night||$92.00|
|SUPPER ROOM & KITCHEN ONLY - Three hours or less||$45.00|
How to Book
- Please contact the Council office on (08) 8626 1001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability.
- Complete and lodge the following forms; Application for Institute & Hall Hire, Bond Refund Application Form
- Payment of the Bond and Cost of Hire is required to secure the booking.