Please advise Council, in writing immediately if your details have changed.
Council has decided to continue to use site value as the basis for valuing land within the Council area. Council considers that this method of valuing land provides the fairest method of distributing the rate burden across all ratepayers on the folllowing basis:
The fairness principle of taxation which suggests that individuals should make similar contributions to the cost of providing local government services as they in turn receive similar benefits, in terms of those services provided, and; The efficiency principle, which generally assumes large swings in the value of property, is less likely under the site valuation method.
The State Valuation Office (State Government) determines the site value of your property.
If you believe that your property value is incorrect you may object within 60 days of receiving your first rates notice.
Rates are still due and payable by the due date even if an objection has been lodged.
Rates can be paid annually or in quarterly installments on the first day of September, December, March and June. If you choose to pay quarterly we will send you further notices each quarter. If the amount due remains unpaid after the due date, it may be recovered in a court of competent jurisdiction.
There are numerous payment options to choose from:
You can pay:
* Phone: Call the Council office on 08 86261 001 8.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday to pay with Mastercard or Visa.
* Bpay: Biller Code: 180687 (please use assessment number as reference) Contact your participating bank, credit union or building society to make payments directly from your cheque or savings account.
* Post: Post your cheque or money order to The District Council of Streaky Bay, PO Box 179, STREAKY BAY SA 5680. Please allow a few days before the due date.
* In Person: Pay in person at the Council office, 29 Alfred Tce, Streaky Bay during business hours 8.30am - 5pm, Monday-Friday. eftpos facilities available.
* Centrepay: Centrelink direct debit system. Ratepayers who receive Centrelink payments can register and have fortnightly deductions from their benefits paid directly toward their council rates.
Rating Policy Statement
Please click here to view our Rating Policy Statement
State Government Concessions
You may be eligible for a Council rate concession if:
* You are a pensioner and have a current Pensioner Concession Card of Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) Gold Card (TPI, EDA, WW) or receive a Centrelink Allowance. Apply through the Department for Families and Communities (DFC) Concessions Hotline 1800 307 758 or at www.sa.gov.au/concessions using the on-line form.
* You are a Self Funded Retiree who holds a Stater Seniors Card you can apply through RevenueSA on 1300 366 150.
* You are a low income wage earner who meets the DFC low income threshold apply through the DFC Concessions Hotline 1800 307 758.
For more information visit www.sa.gov.au/concessions
Council does not determine eligibility for State Concessions.
Persons experiencing hardship may seek assistance from Council; contact 08 8626 1001 for a confidential discussion or email firstname.lastname@example.org